My name is Linda, I am the managing director of Good Seed PR & Marketing. I have worked in this industry for over 12 years and my clients have ranged from Marilyn Manson, Groove Armada, The Counting Crows, Ron Sexsmith, Eleanor McEvoy, Sean & Conor Price, Underworld, Robyn & Röyksopp, Amanda Palmer, Joss Stone, Lucy Spraggan, The Riptide Movement, The Saw Doctors, The 4 of US, Aslan, Frances Black, Aoife Scott and many many more Irish and International Acts. It is my pleasure to assist bands, acts and labels in developing their careers and getting their music onto platforms of change and transition within the music industry. You can find out more about me here.
If you are interested in what I do as a music business consultant, come take a read of what my policies are for consulting with you. Here are some facts about my consulting service, please read over them before you contact me to setup a time and day for our first consultation.
I look forward to hopefully working with you to reach your music career goals!
- First things first: My consultation service is an advisory service only. I help you – as an artist/band/label/agency – plan out your career and/or music marketing and promotion plans. Unlike a manager, I do not take on a project or do the required work for you, and I DO NOT SHOP DEMOS to labels, bookers, management etc! This is purely a consultation. (Completely separate to my role as a Publicist and Sync agent in Good Seed PR).
- But hey, here is what I am during your consultation: I am your personal music business coach, and I will teach you how record labels and music publicists promote, market, and sell their music, and what you need to do to develop your music career or independent record label. In our consultations I will also educate you on how to work with the various gatekeepers and decision makers that you will encounter as you promote your music to on and offline distributors/stores, broadcasters, the press, advertising agencies, sync agents, live performance bookers, and through the popular social networking sites on the internet that are constantly evolving!
- I am selective on who I work with. I am only interested in working with artists, bands, labels and agencies who are truly dedicated and committed to the business and can afford to spend some of their money on educating themselves through my consultations about the realities of the current music marketplace. Hold tight though, because I am very upfront and honest. You won’t get any sugar coatings, but you will get a realistic overview. I am here to help you not pollute your mind with nonsense.
- If you wish to discuss setting up an appointment, PLEASE EMAIL ME at firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Book a Consultation”. I work on an hourly fee basis of €100 per hour. (I do consultations in person by phone or on skype if you live outside of Ireland).
- When you make an appointment with me you must pay for the 1st hour in advance by credit card. (I process all transactions through PayPal) . Or, by bank transfer.
- Cancellations: If you do not show up, or call at your scheduled appointment time, you will forfeit your first hour deposit, unless you contact me within 24 hours of your appointment. If you are late, without a reasonable excuse, you will forfeit the late minutes from your first hour of consultation.
- Rescheduling: You will not lose your first hour deposit of €100 if you need to re-schedule and have contacted me to rearrange your appointment within 24 hours of your originally scheduled appointment
- Reasons for this policy: Over the years more and more ‘potential’ clients have missed their appointments and not notified me that they decided to cancel. As a businesswoman this obviously affects my income, and as far as professionalism goes, gives you a bad reputation when what you are trying to gain a positive reputation.
- Always remember that in this crazy, and very competitive music industry there are thousands of artists and bands trying to just get their music listened to, let alone become a star. It takes a lot of work on your part to get noticed. So, being a professional artist who is polite, open-minded, as well as courteous, punctual, and reliable can take you a long way to your dreams of success. I will do my part to set you on the right path, and all I ask from you is the same professionalism in return.
I look forward to the possibility of working with you!