Irish pop artist KEHLI releases debut track ‘One Last Kiss’ + Music Video
Hailing from Dublin, 18-year old KEHLI is a vocalist and performer with a soulful, passionate and unique interpretation of contemporary pop music. She spent her early years at stage school, where from age 5, she studied music and professional dance including contemporary, hip-hop and ballet.
Her evolving passion for music and performance encouraged a 14-year-old KEHLI to try her hands on a couple of TV music shows (usual suspects The Voice/X Factor etc.) which at such a tender age, provided invaluable experience and gained her a small cult online following.
Rehearsal footage of KEHLI singing Jorja Smith’s ‘Let me down’ made its way onto Instagram and was met by an extremely positive response with over 22K views in its first 48hrs. This encouraged KEHLI to continue to pursue her passion for music.
It was this experience that led to an intro to producer/songwriter MSRD – now New York/London based, who’s worked closely with KEHLI to help hone her sound. Other collaborators include the likes of London based Cameron Gower-Poole (Anne-Marie, Raye, RAY BLK) who has worked closely on KEHLI’s forthcoming debut, a soulful, edgy, pop infused EP also featuring mixes by Josh Gudwin (Julia Michaels, Post Malone, Halsey).
With KEHLI’s debut single ‘What You Like’ due this summer, the rest of the year is on track to be an exciting one for this young Irish talent and her music.
Since release, the track has gone on to receive extremely positive reviews including the following highlights:
- Official Charts UK ‘One to Watch’ : http://bit.ly/KEHLI-OFFICIALCHARTS-REVIEW
- Highest new entry by Music Week in Urban Club Charts with progression to top 5 charting positions in 3 charts including #4 on Commercial Pop Chart, # 4 on the upfront club charts, and #3 on the urban charts ( week 29th July 2019).
- #2 Trending Nationally in Ireland according to the Irish Times (June 2019).
- Significant radio play, with noteworthy stations in UK & IE such as BBC Radio One, Kiss FM, RTE, 98 FM and quite a few regionals in UK and IE.
- Artist and track of the week on RTE, Beats 102-103, iRadio and 98 FM
- Collaboration interest from various labels and artists with a large established fanbase
- First released remix received an 8/10 club and personal score in a survey from Soul Food
- Playlisted in a Spotify Editorial with 3 million subscribers as well as other Spotify editorial playlists with sizeable subscribers