ELEANOR MCEVOY APPOINTED TO BOARD OF NATIONAL CONCERT HALL
The Minister for the Arts, Heather Humphries, has announced a new board for the National Concert Hall in Dublin – and leading Irish artist Eleanor McEvoy is among the chosen individuals.
Eleanor McEvoy has been appointed to the board of the National Concert Hall. The composition of the new board was announced today by the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Heather Humphreys. All of the appointees have been vetted by the Public Appointments Service and were found to have the requisite experience to serve on the Board.
Eleanor is also a member of the board of IMRO. She is one of Ireland’s most distinguished songwriters of the past 25 years. Her current album is called Naked and it has received hugely positive reviews both in Ireland and internationally.
A first glance the list of members might suggest a further strong rock ’n’ roll connection, in the name John Reynolds. However, this is neither the boss of POD Concerts nor the drummer, producer and manager John Reynolds, who has guided the career of Damien Dempsey and worked extensively with Sinéad O’Connor. The John Reynolds appointed to the board is a former executive with KBC Bank.
The Minister has nominated Maura McGrath, who has been a board member at the National Concert Hall since 2014, as Chair designate. Her formal appointment will be made after her appearance before the relevant Oireachtas Committee.
The new members of the board of the National Concert Hall are:
· James Cavanagh
· Rebecca Gageby
· Gerard Gillen
· Eleanor Mc Evoy
· Maura Mc Grath (nominee for Chair)
· Máire O’Connor
· Michael O’Donovan
· John Reynolds
· Don Thornhill
This is the first board to be appointed since legislation was passed to place the National Concert Hall on a Statutory footing.
What follows are short bios of the members, as released by the Department of Arts (etc.) today, on behalf of the Minister.
- James Cavanagh: Professor of Trumpet at the Royal Irish Academy of Music. Extensive experience in classical music.
- Rebecca Gageby: NCH Board member since 2014. Head of Programming and Administration at the Royal Irish Academy. Marketing, PR and fundraising experience.
- Gerard Gillen: Professor Emeritus, Maynooth University. Former NCH Board Member (1986-91)
- Eleanor Mc Evoy: International recording artist and performer. Elected board member of IMRO
- Maura McGrath (nominee for Chair): NCH Board member since 2014. Extensive experience in Human Resource Management and Corporate Governance.
- Máire O’Connor: Former partner at McCann Fitzgerald and Ernst & Young. Extensive legal, financial, business and corporate governance experience.
- Michael O’Donovan: COO at Microsoft Ireland. Board member at Dublin Youth Orchestra.
- John Reynolds: Former Chief Executive of KBC Bank. Extensive business experience.
- Don Thornhill: Former Secretary General of the Department of Education. Extensive experience on a wide range of boards and selection committees.